I don't normally write about my job, so I'm going to write about a different one that could be yours...
My team has vacancies. We design, develop and support equity-derivatives trading systems for one of Australia's foremost financial institutions for markets at home and abroad. You'd like to work in a small, highly-skilled team of software developers and have some or all of the following:
- Strong C++ and optionally VB6 and/or .NET
- Significant experience of multi-threaded server application development
- SQL experience (preferably SQL Server)
- A solid understanding of IP-based communication protocols
- A working knowledge of equity-derivative products
- A working knowledge of client-side development
You will be a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision on projects from inception through delivery and onto support, across the various architectural tiers. You will be comfortable communicating with the key business stake-holders, primarily traders and business managers and be focused on delivering solutions that meet their needs.
Successful applicants would fill vacancies at our Sydney offices and should hold either Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residence. (There are opportunities abroad also).
If you're interested, please drop me a line via my gmail address (nagunn at ...) and we can take it from there.